The proposal will be for a period of two years.
The budget can be in any one of the three baskets
- Upto ₹ 50 lakhs
- From ₹ 50 lakhs upto ₹ 75 lakhs
- From ₹ 75 lakhs upto ₹ 100 lakhs
Proposals which have longer time visits of foreign faculty will be given priority for larger sized baskets.
What is covered under funding?
- Support for international faculty to cover travel, stay, honorarium, etc.
- Travel and stipend of post-doctoral/doctoral scholars
- International travel of Indian scholars
- Budget for workshop
- Contingency for accessories, consumables, chemicals, video recording, field work, documentation, local travel in India, contingencies, institutional costs, miscellaneous, etc.
- For a visit of foreign faculty ranging from 1 to 4-month, payment will be made up to US$ 15,000/- for the first month and US$ 10,000/- thereafter including honorarium, travel, stay, etc. Usually, the honorarium of foreign faculty is approx $333 per day.
- For the visit of a foreign post-doctoral/doctoral scholar, the host Institute will provide suitable free accommodation and an out-of-pocket allowance of ₹ 12,000 per month subject to an upper limit of ₹ 2 lakhs over the duration of the project. The student has to stay for a minimum period of 3 months and register as a visiting foreign student. Tuition fees will be waived by the Indian Institution. Usually, the out-of-pocket allowance for a foreign student is Rs 400 per day.
- For the visit of an Indian student to the Foreign Institution, payment will be made upto US$ 2000 for travel and $1000 per month for out-of-pocket allowances. Usually, the out-of-pocket allowance for an Indian student is approx $33 per day.
- Upto ₹ 3 lakhs will be approved for Workshop subject to a maximum of two workshops.
- An overheads and contingency expense of upto 20% of the sum cost of other items mentioned above or ₹ 15 lakhs (whichever is minimum) for accessories, consumables, chemicals, video recording, field work, documentation, local travel in India, contingencies, institutional costs, miscellaneous, etc.
What is NOT covered under funding?
- Any major equipment
- It is expected that the equipment already exists in the research groups or will be procured through funding for complimentary ongoing projects.
- Scholarship / stipend of Indian scholars
- they will continue to receive their regular mode of remuneration (as applicable) from their respective institutions.
- Travel of International student/post-doctoral scholar
Other sources of funding
- The Institutions will list out the support provided to the project in terms of faculty, researchers, infrastructure, waivers, stipends, explicit costs to various components that are met by the Institute and the source from where the same is being met
Funding from external funding agencies for complementary ongoing projects
- However, each proposal will clearly state that this proposal does not duplicate any other similar proposal funded by the Government of India which funds the same aspects of SPARC including but not limited to those partially or fully funded by MHRD, DST, DBT and other Ministries of the Government of India.
- Complementary ongoing projects will be separately indicated.
- Additional support from the International partner may also be listed in quantitative terms